- WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is information about a living individual from which that person can be identified. Such information can exist in a variety of formats, for example, on a computer or in a paper filing system. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by amending this page.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES MORRIS BRICKNELL HOLD?
At Morris Bricknell we hold the following personal data:-
- Name, address, telephone number(s), e-mail address & personal I.D./proof of address documentation (for Money Laundering Regulations, etc.).
- HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
At Morris Bricknell we try hard to comply with our obligations set out under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; storing and destroying it securely; not collecting or retaining unnecessary data; protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We will never sell your data to outside organisations for financial gain.
We will use Vendor data for the following purposes:-
- Directing potential purchasers to properties and putting them in contact with the vendor where necessary
- Addresses are put onto brochures which are uploaded to our website and the portals
- Instructing of any relevant third parties pertaining to the sale and marketing of the property. E.g. Energy Performance Certificate Surveys, Solicitors, Structural Surveyors etc.
- To comply with money laundering regulations
We will use potential Purchaser data for the following purposes:-
- Informing vendors of viewings and potential interest/offers
- To contact you regarding any properties you show interest in or any other properties we deem relevant for your requirements.
- Informing solicitors of transactions
- To comply with Money Laundering Regulations
- What is the legal basis for processing your data?
- Your explicit consent to Morris Bricknell retaining data so that we can keep you informed regarding your property search or sale.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations under legislation such as the Money Laundering Regulations
- SHARING YOUR DATA
Your data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other people/companies in order to assist with your property search/sale which includes but is not limited to:
- H I Solutions (floorplan and EPC)
- Vendors/Potential Purchasers
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will retain your personal data for different periods depending on the service you have chosen to use us for, which may be a longer period than that for which we need to hold your data to provide those services, i.e. where we are under regulatory or statutory duties to hold your data for a longer period or need to retain it in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object; and
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
Should you wish to know more about any of these rights please refer to the full GDPR regulation as set out by the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) on ico.org.uk
- DISPOSAL OF YOUR DATA
You may request us to delete your personal data where there is no legal reason for us to continue retaining it. When disposal takes place it shall be done in a secure manner, i.e. by shredding, pulping or burning.
- CONTACT DETAILS
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Morris Bricknell on 01989 768320.
You can contact the ICO office on 0303 123 1113 or via e-mail https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the ICO’s office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wimslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.